Off the Runway: Spring 2012 Trends
Spring is probably my favorite season because fashion is always so colorful and fun. The Spring 2012 fashion show has just finish 2 months ago there are definitely a lot of trends that designers want to set. Some brought back the best of the 1920s style, some used colors and prints while some experimented with new cuts and shapes. I’ve rounded up some of the trends that one may already have in your closet (or maybe your mom’s) but needs to be updated to look modern.
1. Hot Pants: Say goodbye to your Daisy Dukes because these itty bitty shorts are definitely back and it is looking really good in pastel colours.
2. Florals: This trend is always present every Spring/Summer, it just keeps on getting better. Floral pants are big this season and it can be mixed up with a printed top if you are adventurous or a simple top that compliments the florals if you are the conservative type.
Custo Barcelona, Peter Som, Altuzarra, Cynthia Rowley
3. Peplums: This season, peplums did not just end up on skirts like it used to, but it also ended up in pants, shorts, jumpsuits, jackets and dresses.
Cushnie et Ochs, Karen Walker, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Jason Wu
4. All White: Gone are the days when a white dress is only supposed to be seen at weddings. White is perfect for the spring/summer weather and since all white is the trend, go for it and wear white from head to toe!
Cynthia Rowley, Suno, Diane Von Furstenberg, Cushnie et Ochs
5. Shorts Suit: It’s basically a tuxedo look but instead of pants, it’s shorts. It can be very tailored or it can be laid back. Either way, it looks good!
Doo.Ri, Temperley London, Ralph Lauren, Rachel Zoe
Click for more
6. Flappers and the 1920s : It’s all about jazz, drop waist dresses, art deco and flappers.
Alberta Ferretti, Etro, Roberto Cavalli, Gucci
7. Clear Plastic Shoes: We all thought it looked tacky before but now that designers have made it chic and trendy, it actually looks nice now and we will definitely see a lot of people wear this trend.
Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Richard Nicoll, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Emporio Armani, Maria Katrantzou
(photos from fashionologie)
- Chanel’s Spring 2012 Collection
- Vegetable prints and pasta accessories for Spring/Summer 2012
- No Pants Day on the Tube!
- Resort 2012 Ad Campaigns are here!
- 8 Shoes Every Man Should Own